eternal love

eternal love

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The Old and Dying Tree

I spend my hours in this house of glass
Watching the rain outside crawl down each plate 
Divined the windows, a shuttering door. 
The path outside leads to home and from the village... 
When you hear the trains the first nostalgic thought
Is that of youth and of music... 
Summers miles and miles away 
Always comes and goes but this year I think 
Nature will remember me... 

Resting calm under the old and dying tree 
The sun in bursts of heat and wind
You close your eyes and think of all the porch lit summer nights
Stars filled the skies that evening of red and orange 
Collided with navy blue... and into sleep the curiosity
Always with me... always allowed to dream 
Far from the demons of nightmares  

A sanctuary at your hands
An hourglass of white 
As clear as the mind ahead... 
We never look too far
We never over-think 

This time is equal 
Life and death are innocent 

The path outside leads to home and from the village... 
When you hear the trains the first nostalgic thought
Is that of youth and of music... 
Summers miles and miles away 
Always comes and goes but this year I think 
Nature will remember me... 

Resting calm under the old and dying tree 

No comments:

Post a Comment