eternal love

eternal love

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Printed

I put aside my papers and shutdown my computer
At 4:55... 
I take a deep breathe and close my eyes 
To prepare myself for rush hour.

There sirens in the distance, 
So I know someone has already been hurt...
An incident on the next news paper

Only the bad is printed 
But we are without a doubt 
Slaves to our pointless jobs.

So much more effortless now
To forget all that was wrong, 
Shattered inside, 
To live and to die 
And sometimes suffer
We multiply the pain 
Just to heal a little more...

Winter had gone like the opening of letters 
Mikey's Christmas Carol 
Illustrated the warmth in my  mind 
Of little footsteps walking in the snow
From above brick buildings 
The wind turns the corner...

The footsteps are gone
The snow fallen faster.

The greatest memories of being a child  

So much more effortless now
To forget all that was wrong, 

No comments:

Post a Comment